Albion Online - What should monster's drop?
I have seen in several post where people mentioned item drops from monsters, so i thought we could discuss about this matter. Does monster drop enough different kind of stuff or should there be more variations? What else they could drop besides albion online silver and some suplement crafting material? Or are current drops good enough?
Just grinding albion silver/fame in same dungeons over and over again gets really boring at some point and maybe thats why the monsters could drop also something else. It can be something with low or extremely low droprate, but maybe that way the expectation gets a little bit higher, when you are thinking at entrance, that this is the night. I am not talking about anything pointless crab, but something cool, really good and extremely rare. And i dont meen that every common monster or humanoid should drop something more or maybe they could, but with negligible change. Mainly i was thinking extra drops from powerful creatures or bosses.
Maybe some vanity items, but what kind? Maybe more something related to mounts, more faction stuff..
Maybe something that could advance open world pvp conlifcts, like a treasure maps to red/black zones for example. It would be ideal if pve and pvp could support and feed each other. 《-- If people have suggestions for this matter, i am really interested hear more and i am sure that devs are also.
I dont want bosses to drop usable weapons and armor or at most some faction gear, like there is something already. What if bosses might drop legenday ruined armor or weapon, that you could salvage to good crafting stuff, like you salvage everything else? Or maybe something you can repair with huge price? Or combine ruined gear to other ruined gear to reforge something?
Are there already some items that shouldnt drop from monsters?
The question was what else those mobs could drop and the idea was that nothing usable weapon or armor. Lets still keep that focus on crafting. Thats why i am not sure about that reforging either.. maybe its fine if it happens rarely, but it should not influence to crafting too much.
I wouldn't hate the idea of dropping actual rare items from bosses (And other very strong monsters) at low rate, but them aside here's what I would like to see:
Crafting mats that are either harvested from the corpse or actual drops:
- Scales from scaled monsters (duh) such as wyverns, basilisks, dragons and whatnot.
- Shards from elementals etc
- Runes, kind of like orbs in PoE. You use these on already existing items to enchant or modify them, for example a poison rune that would turn any current passive into a passive that grants you poison dot upon autoattacks.
- Treasure maps that are tiered. Ex. A t7 monster (veteran+) has a small chance to drop a treasure map that has a random black cluster chosen for it's location, in a random accessible X Y coordinates. When you dig up the treasure, you'll get a T7 chest that rolls a lootbox on the ground containing anything anywhere from basic crafting materials to actual rare items.
- Collectibles, such as keys to certain dungeons or mats to craft one. Ex. Collect 10 cursed bones to craft a bone key which will unlock the entrance to necropolis. If it's something high tier such as necropolis, then it preferably should be considered a player initiated event that's visible in nearby clusters (ex. System message: "You sense magic emanating through you.") to hint guilds to fight over it.
- Mission scrolls. You'll give the scroll to the appropriate NPC, which will in turn create a new special mission after one day (To give people time to fight over it against you). If we use the upcoming expedition feature as an example, a mission could be giving the scroll to a royal sailor that teleports you into an island to do complete whatever the mission is, kill a heretic boss for example. Meanwhile the heretic NPCs would get the mission to protect the heretic boss in the island, rewards being just a tiny bit smaller but big enough to encourage defenders in participating in it. Basically hell gates but faction themed.
In the albion current beta Learning Points was made too strong
As to Learning Points there is a drastic nerf that is going to be comming to it that will hopefully make the economy better.
Albion Online - Sloppy’s Epic Siege System!
A clans battle-box contains 10% of all Albion Online silver farmed from monsters or dungeons
Albion gvg feedback
Gvg must not be connected with the rest world of Albion. It should be like a lol or dota2 session. 20 minutes of tactical and practical pvp. No one in no way should interfere in gvg.
AlbionMall.com Unveils All Albion Online Silver Selling Service 2016
AlbionMall.com has such a long name address, but their delivery efficiency is high. Occupied the top three position of European gold market, AlbionMall owns the great leadership in the European Albion Online Gold market.
Albion Online seems to be lacking the play / counter play part of PvP
At the moment, we have but a single utility role within Albion Online: The Healer, and you can say what you like about the levelling of them, when it comes to fights – these guys can turn the tide.
Albion Online Resource Exchange System
The resource sink occurs at the quantity Max which would be given to each resource. Lets as an example say the Max quantity is 5,000. A player would begin selling resources until the price drops to 1s per resource sold